Library, Third and Fourth Floors
Education Services Librarian:
Library, Room 207
- The Juvenile Collection part of Education Services is located near the lounge area on the Third Floor of the Library.
- The CMC (Curriculum Collection) part of Education Services is located near the windows to the left of the front elevator on the Fourth Floor of the Library.
- CMC (Curriculum Collection)
A non-circulating collection of curricula, lesson plans, teacher materials, kits and textbooks in support of teacher education . This collection is arranged by Library of Congress Classification and is noted with the designation, CURRICULUM COLLECTION in the online catalog.
- TEXT (Textbook Collection)
A non-circulating textbook collection consisting of K-8 and 9-12 textbooks, teaching guides and supplementary materials, arranged by Dewey Decimal Classification.
- Grades K-8 text books are shelved first on the shelves and are labeled as Text or T.
- Grades 9-12 text books are shelved after and are labeled as Text HS or THS.
All of these are noted as TEXT COLLECTION in OSCAR the online catalog.
- JUV (Juvenile Collection)
- A circulating collection of juvenile materials arranged by Dewey Decimal Classification and is noted with the designation, JUVENILE COLLECTION in OSCAR .
- Juvenile Non-Fiction and Juvenile Fiction books (readers, chapter books, middle-school and young adult novels) are on the tall shelves.
- Juvenile Fiction Picture books are found on the low shelves in front of the elevator.
- The Juvenile Collection also includes a portion of the M. Jerry Weiss Center for Children's and Young Adult Literature. Weiss Center books all have bookplates identifying them as having been donated by M. Jerry Weiss or the publisher.
The M. Jerry Weiss Center for Children's and Young Adult Literature also contains a non-circulating collection of autographed books in Special Collections kept behind the Circulation Desk on the first floor. These appear as SPECIAL COLLECTION DEWEY in OSCAR
For other education materials please check: