STUDENTS: Students must contact their faculty member to have their professor/staff person submit equipment requests and the professor/staff must pickup and drop off equipment for presentations. Students can accompany professors at pickup/drop-off and assist in setup of the equipment. If a professor/staff person wants a student to drop off equipment, please contact Allen Smith ahead of time with the name of the responsible student.
FACULTY/STAFF: In general the faculty/staff that put in a request must pickup, use and drop off equipment to a staff person in Academic Computing. Only faculty and staff with valid NJCU e-mail accounts are authorized to request equipment (faculty adjuncts; put in requests with the name of your department in the "Notes" text box and I will verify use with that department). Equipment use policy based on the State of New Jersey Office of Budget and Management, which states for temporary equipment loans, that “Under no circumstance may a personal computer be assigned to an employee’s residence merely for the employee’s convenience nor shall the equipment be utilized for personal business”. Based on this policy, Academic Computing staff can inquire about how and where the equipment will be used and can decline requests at any time. It is the policy of NJCU that any user of a Loaner Laptop is responsible to not leave any type of file saved on the hard drive with personally identifying information or data that may be of a sensitive nature. After use, please delete your files and empty the trash icon or inform the staff of Academic Computing to delete the files for you. Staff of Academic Computing, as a matter of policy yearly deletes user files from the Loaner Laptops. If the staff is aware of content created by a user that is of a sensitive nature, they will delete that information from the hard drive of the computer upon return to the department. Staff members will then inform the user that the data has been deleted.
A separate form must be filled out for each piece of equipment you need to use for each date you will use that equipment. Please do submit requests in advance for multiple dates, if you are sure you will use the equipment at a future date. With the increasing demand for equipment use, we can only make equipment available for a single or three day time period, per request. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you want to have an "over the weekend" request, a multiple day or weekly semester request, please email email@example.com or call Allen Smith (201-200-2351) with the following information and the request can be inputted for you.
*Phone or Extension Number
*Type or Types of equipment needed
*Dates of Request
*Building Letter and room number (eg. K116 or P201)
*Time you will pick up and drop off equipment
Please assist us in making equipment available in a timely manner by submitting requests as least two days or preferably a week in advance. Equipment is picked up and set up by the person who put in the request. If you are a new user or need special assistance please contact us ahead of time and we may be able to have a department student assistant accompany you to assist with the set up. Please follow the instructions below or print a one page instruction sheet using Adobe Reader or Microsoft Word:
- On the menu to the left, click the "On-Line Request Form" link.
- The Loaner Request daily calendar page will appear.
- Scroll down the page to view the navigation buttons and date text box at the bottom of the page.
- Use the navigation buttons or type in the day you need to use the equipment (leaving in the necessary forward slashes).
- Click on the name of the resource you would like to use for that day and the request window will appear.
- On the pull down lists, decide on the pickup and drop off times by clicking the time options based on the following schedule; 8:30am to 9:30pm Mondays through Thursdays and 8:30am to 4:30pm Fridays and Saturdays, no Sunday requests. (the calendar is available online 24/7)
- Use the "Single Event" option only, it is for a single day request for each resource needed, which will be processed. The other options will produce a "Missing Input" error message. If you get this click your Browsers Back arrow/button.
- Fill in your contact/verification information. Your name, phone number and email address are required, otherwise the request will not process. Do not fill in the options for a username and password.
- Click the reserve button and you will see a window indicating your request. Please check it for accuracy. You will receive an verification email automatically.
- If you need to modify your request please call or email the specifics of the changes to Allen Smith and he will modify your request and contact you about the changes.
If you pick up/drop off the equipment between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM Monday through Friday, most often I will be the contact person or another staff person will be informed of your request and get the equipment for you when you arrive for pick up. If the exchange is between 4:30 PM and 9:30 P.M. Monday through Thursday or Saturday 8:30 AM through 4:30 PM, a staff member will be available in the department as the contact person. Please ask for a staff person at the front desk.
The faculty or staff member borrowing the equipment must physically pick up/drop off the equipment to/from an Academic Computing department staff member at the Professional Studies building room P103, entrance on the ground floor lobby through the double doors indicated by the sign Electronic Learning Lab. Ask for assistance at the front desk. Keep in mind there is no student drop off/pick up. If you have a physical disability, please contact me and special arrangements will be made (201) 200-2351.
The Academic Computing department is pleased to make this equipment available to the faculty and staff of NJCU. We believe this service will promote the use of technology at our University, and enhance the learning experience of our students.