In 2016, NJCU reframed the many individual projects designed to improve student success and the student experience under the focused umbrella of the student success initiative. The goals of this approach include:
- Unifying the campus around the singular idea of putting students first
- Prioritizing and rewarding collaborative actions within and across departments
- Utilizing technology efficiently and effectively to understand and meet the needs of individual students
- Supporting University efforts toward integrated and long-term planning
- Enhancing focus on continuous improvement and institutional assessment
Spearheaded by the President and Vice Presidents, this initiative began with a series of RETREATS. In October, individual departments began meeting. The coordinating committee is responsible for assisting with (1) moving action forward, (2) developing organizational capacity, and (3) fostering communication and transparency.