Library, Third and Fourth Floors
Education Services Librarian:
Library, Room 207
- CMC (Curriculum Collection)
A circulating collection (7-day loan) of curricula, lesson plans, teacher materials, kits and textbooks in support of teacher education . This collection is arranged by Library of Congress Classification and is noted with the designation, CURRICULUM COLLECTION in the online catalog. Books in this collection are labeled with a call number beginning CMC.
- TEXT (Textbook Collection)
A non-circulating textbook collection consisting of K-8 and 9-12 textbooks,
teaching guides and supplementary materials, arranged by
Dewey Decimal Classification. They are shelved immediately after
the CMC collection (Curriculum Materials Collection)
- Grades K-8 text books are labeled as Text or T.
- Grades 9-12 text books are labeled as Text HS or THS.
All of these are noted as TEXT COLLECTION in OSCAR the online catalog.
- JUV (Juvenile Collection)
- A circulating collection of juvenile materials arranged by
Dewey Decimal Classification and is noted with the designation,
JUVENILE COLLECTION in
- Juvenile Non-Fiction and Juvenile Fiction books (readers, chapter books, middle-school and young adult novels) are on the tall shelves.
- Juvenile Fiction Picture books are found on the low shelves in front of the elevator.
- The Juvenile Collection also includes a portion of the M.
Jerry Weiss Center for
Children's and Young Adult Literature. Weiss Center books
all have bookplates identifying them as having been donated by
M. Jerry Weiss or the publisher.
Jerry Weiss Center for Children's and Young Adult Literature
also contains a non-circulating collection of autographed books
in Special Collections kept behind the Circulation Desk on the
first floor. These appear as SPECIAL COLLECTION DEWEY
For other education materials please check:
- The Periodicals Department (2nd Floor)
- educational journals,
ERIC , The Kraus Curriculum Development Library, ETS Tests
- videotape and DVD collection related to pedagogy.
- The Reference Department contains materials about education and literature for youth as well as online access to journal articles and teacher and PRAXIS materials in Databases for Education