AN EXTRAORDINARY OPPORTUNITY FOR EXCEPTIONAL STUDENTS!
The Honors Program at New Jersey City University provides endless opportunities for exceptional students and is designed for our most talented, motivated, and intellectually curious students. We understand your passion for learning and want to give you the tools you need to further your pursuits.
As a member of the Honors Program, each entering freshman student will receive the following benefits and opportunities:
- Honors Scholarship – covering full tuition and fees, valued at over $36,000 over four years. The scholarship is renewable for eight semesters as long as the student remains in the Honors Program in good academic standing and is taking 12 or more credits each semester.
- University sponsored international study aboard experiences; honors students will receive financial support to explore other countries and cultures.
- A laptop computer to be used for collaborative learning.
- Dedicated honors faculty and academic advisors to guide your college studies and coursework.
- Priority registration to maximize your schedule.
Honors scholars enjoy the challenges and rewards of working closely with distinguished faculty in small, interactive courses and on scholarly research projects. Beyond the classroom, Honors scholars engage in a variety of community activities that prepare them to become innovative leaders in their chosen profession and global citizens.
Admission to the Honors Program at NJCU is competitive and we will consider applicants with a strong academic background.
HOW TO APPLY
Applying to the Honors program is a two-step process.
- Step 1: Apply for admissions to New Jersey City University. If you have already submitted your admissions application, please continue to step 2.
- Step 2: Complete the Honors Application
The deadline to apply to the NJCU Honors Program is March 1st.