African & African American Studies
African American Studies
An interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary study of the cultures and peoples of Africa and African descent in the Americas.
- The academic program offers a minor which explore the historical, social, political, and economic experiences of Africans and African Americans.
- The objective of the program is to develop committed and well trained teachers, scholars, and professionals.
- The program is recommended for all Liberal Arts majors (Political Science, Sociology, History, English, Economics, et al), and the Professions of Education, Criminal Justice, Law, Business, and Health Sciences.
- All students interested in enhancing their ability to work effectively in urban areas will find this minor program a valuable and enriching experience.
- All students interested in developing a global understanding of today's world will find the courses valuable in developing an important body of knowledge.
Karnoutsos Hall, Room 505